Would you like to help the Dublin 15 community in a voluntary leadership role?
GENESIS PSYCHOTHERAPY is looking to bring on board two new voluntary board members; to expand and strengthen the board and to help ensure the continued growth of our successful service.
We need people who can play a leadership role that will have an impact in supporting the local community.
Genesis provides a safe and supportive environment for people experiencing a wide range of concerns. We specialise in working with families and children.
We are a low cost, affordable service; funded by state agencies such as Tusla, HSE and BLDTF. Our mission is to make an impact by supporting the people in our community. We are seeking board members with either of the following backgrounds.
1. Community Fundraising Experience
2. Psychotherapy Experience
If you’d like to help, please contact us directly.
Alternatively if you know someone who might be interested, I’d be delighted if you pass our details onto them.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
GENESIS PSYCHOTHERAPY AND FAMILY THERAPY SERVICE CLG
Blackcourt Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Phone: (01) 820 2764
Vacancies: Child & Adolescent Therapists/Play Therapist – (x2)
Affiliate Position, Temporary – 33 weeks September 2017- June 2017
Genesis is seeking 2 affiliate therapists
4 hours to be delivered in Tyrellstown Educate Together (Primary School) and 4 hours in Riversdale Community College (Secondary School) for 33 weeks – one school year.
Hours may be divided between two or more therapists
|All applicants must:· Hold a degree or post-graduate qualification in counselling, or psychotherapy recognised by one of the following, as appropriate: , the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP), a relevant body within the Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP) or the Family Therapy Association of Ireland (FTAI) or the Irish Play Therapy Association (IPTA)
· Have full accredited membership with one of the following: IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IPTA
· Have a minimum of two years relevant post qualification clinical experience
· Have completed child/adolescent psychotherapy/counselling training or have a minimum of 5 years experience working with children and young people.
· Have experience working creatively with children and young people using a non directive play based approach.
· Experience working within a school setting desirable
Applicants must be available to work on Tuesday between the hours of 8.30am – 1.30pm and Fridays between the hours of 8.45am – 1pm.
Rates – Please note this is a temporary position 33 weeks during term time only.
- Hourly fee for the provision of the Service is €35
- Case Notes- €20 for every four client hours attended.
- €20 per month for Clinical Line Management
- €70 per month towards Supervision (pro-rata, based on client hours delivered)
Application deadline is 5pm, 6th of June 2017
Informal queries can be made to Michelle Flynn – 018202764
Genesis would like to express their gratitude to Fingal County Council for funding the upgrade of existing doors to soundproof ones on Genesis’ premises. This will ensure a more comfortable environment for Genesis’ clients.
On 23/6/2015 Genesis Board of Management formally adopted the Governance Code and began its journey…
What is the Governance Code?
All Community, Voluntary and Charitable (CVC) Organisations have a responsibility to provide and follow a code of good practice when it comes to how their organisations are run. It is the responsibility of the people who run the organisation, usually called the board or management committee – to make sure this happens.
Governance refers to how an organisation is run, directed and controlled. Good governance means an organisation will design and put in place policies and procedures that will make sure the organisation runs effectively.
The goverance code is a voluntary code of rules that a board can sign up to. It shows a boards commitment to setting best principles of management and structure for the entire organization.
Genesis Psychotherapy and Family Therapy Services
Principles of Good Governance
We, the board of management of Genesis Psychotherapy and Family Therapy Services commit to:
Principle 1. Leading our organisation.
We do this by:
- 1.1 Agreeing our vision,purpose and values and making sure that they remain relevant;
- 1.2 Developing, resourcing, monitoring and evaluating a plan to make sure that our organisation achieves its stated purpose;
- 1.3 Managing, supporting and holding to account staff, volunteers and all who act on behalf of the organisation.
Principle 2. Exercising control over our organisation.
We do this by:
- 2.1 Identifying and complying with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- 2.2 Making sure there are appropriate internal financial and management controls;
- 2.3 Identifying major risks for our organisation and deciding ways of managing the risks.
Principle 3. Being transparent and accountable.
We do this by:
- 3.1 Identifying those who have a legitimate interest in the work of our organisation (stakeholders) and making sure there is regular and effective communication with them about our organisation;
- 3.2 Responding to stakeholders’ questions or views about the work of our organisation and how we run it;
- 3.3 Encouraging and enabling the engagement of those who benefit from our organisation in the planning and decision-making of the organisation.
Principle 4. Working effectively.
We do this by:
- 4.1Making sure that our governing body, individual board members, committees, staff and volunteers understand their:role, legal duties, and delegated responsibility for decision-making;
- 4.2 Making sure that as a board we exercise our collective responsibility through board meetings that are efficient and effective;
- 4.3 Making sure that there is suitable board recruitment, development and retirement processes in place.
Principle 5. Behaving with integrity.
We do this by:
- 5.1 Being honest, fair and independent;
- 5.2 Understanding, declaring and managing conflicts of interest and conflicts of loyalties;
- 5.3 Protecting and promoting our organisation’s reputation.
We confirm that our organisation is committed to the standards outlined in these principles.
We commit to reviewing our organisational practice against the recommended actions for each principle every year
Chairperson of Board
Secretary of the Board