Genesis Psychotherapy & Family Therapy Service: Assistant Clinical Governance Manager (Part-Time)
Genesis Psychotherapy & Family Therapy Service CLG are recruiting a Fully Accredited Family Therapist / Psychotherapist for the role of Permanent Part Time Assistant Clinical Governance Manager.
Genesis is a well established and highly regarded psychotherapy and family therapy service, serving those who live or work in the Dublin 15 area. Our goal is provide a psychotherapy service that is low cost and accessible to all members of the community, regardless of circumstance. We pride ourselves on valuing difference and diversity and we continually work hard to ensure that we are accessible to all who need our support.
This position is part time (24 hours per week). It is a permanent position, commencing November 2018 on a 6 month Probationary Contract.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully qualified to Masters Level (9) & an accredited member of FTAI, IACP, IAHIP, or ICP.
- Have at least 5 years post qualification experience working within a clinical setting.
- Have experience of providing line management or clinical supervision in a clinical setting.
- Have experience working with a wide range of issues including experience working with children and young people.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Have extensive experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults as well as experience in managing referrals to TUSLA and the HSE according to Children First.
- Have the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and external agencies.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with, and under the direction of the Clinical Governance Manager engage in the following tasks:
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Genesis
- Work alongside the Clinical Governance Manager, ensuring that Genesis is working within the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland.
- Assist with monthly line management to a team of family therapists, psychotherapists, child and adolescent psychotherapists, ensuring that all therapists are working within Genesis policies and procedures.
- Share clinical responsibility, alongside the Clinical Governance Manager, for clients who attend Genesis for initial assessment or ongoing intervention.
- Work alongside the designated liaison person for child protection. Ensuring that all therapists are working under new mandatory reporting legislation.
- Carry out initial clinical assessments, identify appropriateness of referral for psychotherapy, assess risk and complete onward referrals where appropriate.
- Manage therapist’s client allocation and keep abreast of therapist’s case loads and external supervision arrangements.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Actively participate in Genesis’ internal meetings, including attendance at Board Meetings as appropriate.
- Communication with other professionals and organizations as appropriate.
- Deliver therapy hours.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures in line with the Code of Ethics of FTAI, IACP, IAHIP or ICP.
Remuneration for this part-time post is €27,077 based pro rata on €44,000 for a full-time week of 39 hours.
Please Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form and supply two referees
Please send CV’s and a cover letter stating your interest in the role to the Administration Manager Paul Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date for applications is the 28th of September 2018. Interviews will be held early October.