Psychotherapy and Family Therapy Service
Providing professional, low-cost, community-based therapy and support services to Dublin 15
COVID-19 INFORMATION REGARDING FACE-TO-FACE THERAPY
Genesis strives to provide a safe environment for both our staff and clients in Genesis during these difficult times. We are continuing to provide a face-to-face service alongside online and telephone support. The standard therapy rooms in Genesis are big enough to allow the recommended social distancing space of 2 metres between therapist and client as long as there are no more than 2 clients in the room so this allows us to provide both individual and couples therapy in these rooms. We also have a bigger room which allows us to provide therapy to families of more than 2 people.
A regular cleaning regime has been implemented on our premises and we have made hand sanitiser available at different locations in the building. We ask both our staff and our clients to sanitise their hands on both entering and leaving the building and to continue to follow social distancing guidelines while on the premises.
INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS
If any of the HSE guidelines below are applicable to you, we would ask that you not attend Genesis and to call our office at 01 820 2764:
- Do you have any of the symptoms mentioned on the HSE website below?:
- Have you traveled back to Ireland from a country not on the COVID-19 Green List in the last 14 days?
- Are you under a doctor’s advice to cocoon or self-isolate at this time?
- Have you had a COVID-19 test in the last 14 days?
- Are you a close contact of a confirmed case of coronavirus or the close contact of someone who is awaiting the result of a test?
- Do you live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus?
ATTENDING GENESIS FOR FACE-TO-FACE THERAPY
- Please follow the government social distancing guidelines while on the premises
- Please sanitise your hands when entering and leaving the premises.
- We would ask clients who have a face-to-face appointment to strictly adhere to their appointment times. Clients who arrive early may be asked to wait outside and clients who arrive late will have to stick to their appointment end time regardless of the appointment duration.
- We also ask anybody accompanying a client who is attending our service to please wait outside the premises for the duration of the appointment and not to wait in our waiting area.
- Some of our therapists may ask you to wear a visor for the duration of the appointment. We have visors available for clients who don’t have one on arrival.
- We still accept cash payments but also have a facility to pay by card on the premises or to pay by card through a weblink.
What We Do
Please note that our service is only available to people who either live or work in the Dublin 15 area.
We provide a safe and supportive context for people experiencing a wide range of concerns. We help you examine and appreciate how you and others close to you respond to these issues.
Psychotherapy involves talking about your concerns with a professionally qualified person who is trained to listen and to assist you to make sense of difficulties or concerns.
At Genesis we can help you explore possible options and find more effective responses to your situation. Successful outcomes can help you regain a better sense of meaning and harmony in your life and relationships with those closest to you. You will become better equipped to respond to all of life’s challenges.
We work with individuals, couples and families.
Typical concerns include:
- Abuse: psychological and sexual
- Child and adolescent problems
- Eating disorders
- Relationship difficulties
How We Work
Our therapy centre is open on a daytime and evening basis. Please contact us directly to make an appointment.
Other professional services and agencies are welcome to contact us to enquire about the service and may recommend us to their clients or patients. We work with many local support agencies and services including doctors.
If referring someone, you should note that the person who wishes to attend the service must make the final arrangements themselves.
The following steps take place when a client looks to avail of the service:
- If you would like an appointment with Genesis you can make contact with us by phone on 01 820 2764.
- A member of the Administration Team will takes some details from you, including name, date of birth, address, contact number and availability.
- We will offer you an assessment appointment which is a face-to-face assessment with a senior therapist in Genesis. This will be an opportunity for us to explain how we work at Genesis and what you can expect from your time with us. It is also an opportunity for us to get a better understanding of how we can work with and support you, to meet your individual needs.
- Once the assessment takes place, you are put on our waiting list until an appointment with a suitable therapist becomes available.
The confidentiality of client information is a central and integral part of the work we do at Genesis. The Genesis Team understands that confidentiality is paramount to ensuring that our clients feel safe and comfortable attending our service. We are fully committed to ensuring that all clients information is managed in line with accepted best practice and relevant legislation.
In line with best practice and legislation there are limits to confidentiality. Confidential information may be shared with an external third party when:
- The service user discloses information which reveals a substantial risk of harm to self or others or where there is a suspicion or risk of harm to children. In this instance, Genesis will follow the guidelines and reporting procedure as set out in Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children (Dept. of Children and Youth Affairs, 2011).
- Limits to confidentiality will be discussed in your initial assessment session.
A small subsidized fee is charged for each appointment and is based on a patient’s ability to pay.
Genesis is a low-cost service, which means that it is based on what people can pay. The maximum fee is €35.00 and it slides down to a minimum of €15.00 per session. However, if this is difficult then you can discuss this with the therapist during the assessment. The assessment itself is €15.
The psychotherapists in Genesis have qualified in systemic family therapy, individual psychotherapy or child/play therapy. Some of our therapists are completing the final stage of their clinical training under supervision. The service operates in compliance with the Code of Ethics and training standards of The Family Therapy Association of Ireland (FTAI), The Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP), The Irish Association for Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP), The Irish Council for Psychotherapy and The European Association of Psychotherapy, assuring you of the highest professional standards of confidentiality and practice.
Make an appointment today
Family Therapy Association of Ireland
The Family Therapy Association of Ireland FTAI is the professional organisation which represents family therapy and therapists in Ireland.
Irish Council for Psychotherapy
The Irish Council for Psychotherapy is the national umbrella body for psychotherapy in Ireland, representing over 1,250 psychotherapists.
European Association for Psychotherapy
The EAP represents 128 psychotherapy organisations from 41 European countries.
Blanchardstown Local Drugs Task force
The local agency who work to reduce the harm caused by drugs and alcohol to users, their families and the wider community
The Child and Family Agency established in 2014 and is the dedicated State agency responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children.
TThe HSE provides all of Ireland’s public health services in hospitals and communities across the country.